• People Talk and My Ear Bleeds

Thoughts

    from Twitter

    News

    Thursday, June 09, 2005

    Pseudo-anniversary

    Last night my wife and I spent a quite evening eating at Buona Vita on Center St. in Provo, and discussing her upcoming trip to Vietnam. It was the one year anniversary of my proposal. Yeah, yeah, we're still newlyweds and have the time to celebrate such things, but so what. It keeps the wife happy, and I got italian food out of it.

    Actually, the great part about it was the new cd I got--Nine Inch Nails--With Teeth. It's great. I have to say I like Trent Reznor's metamorphosis as an artist. Sometimes he strikes out, and there are a couple songs on the cd where he does, but there are a couple others where he hit's a homerun. All in all, he's changed in a way he had to, and when you want the old stuff, you can always listen to it.

    The reason I got that for me, was because I was at Best Buy picking up the Phantom of the Opera Delux Special Edition CD for my wife as a gift. It's pretty good. I've seen the movie and it's good, but listening to just the music, I think I like the broadway cds better. However, it's like comparing apples and oranges. They're both fruit, but totally different. The broadway music had great singers for the main characters. The movie had good but less talented singers, designed (in my conjecture) to be more youthfull and passionate at the expense of talent and experience.

    Both cds are great buys, if you're looking for music, and if you care, my wife loved the gift.

    No comments: