• People Talk and My Ear Bleeds

Thoughts

    from Twitter

    News

    Tuesday, June 21, 2005

    A modern Daniel and the lion's den

    Read this post on Fox about an ethiopian girl and couldn't help but think of the bible story about Daniel getting thrown into a den of lions.

    [The girl] was beaten repeatedly before she was found June 9 by police and relatives on the outskirts of Bita Genet, Wondimu said. She had been guarded by the lions for about half a day, he said.

    "They stood guard until we found her and then they just left her like a gift and went back into the forest," Wondimu said.

    "If the lions had not come to her rescue, then it could have been much worse. Often these young girls are raped and severely beaten to force them to accept the marriage," he said.

    ..."Everyone thinks this is some kind of miracle, because normally the lions would attack people," Wondimu said.


    Maybe it's just me, but I think this girl might have a special mission to perform in life, and God wanted to make sure she performed it.

    3 comments:

    Thuan30 said...

    Hey Triet, I'm back to blogging, at least a little. I just posted a short story of mine about the Tet Offensive. I'm going to try to keep something up regularly. Talk to you later.

    Triet said...

    Julie you're right. Sometimes stupidity will nix whatever bright future a person has. I'm happy for this girl, but not it nor Daniel's story would ever get me to mimic that man in Korea ... barring a miraculous vision or something, of course.

    Triet said...

    how do bots get through the utterly annoying picture-word thing to leave spam comments? I just got a spam comment about bongs on a post about daniel and the lion's den....gee wiz.

    well, "deleted!"