• People Talk and My Ear Bleeds

Thoughts

    from Twitter

    News

    Tuesday, May 31, 2005

    Where I've been the past week


    Mount Moran
    Originally uploaded by triet43.
    So it's been six days since blogging, all because I spent Memorial Day weekend up at Jackson Hole, Wyoming. This picture shows Mount Moran behind Jackson Lake, taken from my back porch.


    Jackson Lake
    Originally uploaded by triet43.
    Saturday we hiked to the top of Signal Mountain. You can see the islands in Jackson Lake pretty clearly from the top.


    Our friend
    Originally uploaded by triet43.
    On the way down, I snapped this picture of one of the many moose in the area. We saw many moose and elk over the four days in Grand Teton National Park. Beautiful creatures, but better in the fall when they have antlers.


    Air Force 4
    Originally uploaded by triet43.
    Who would I be without some tie-in to politics. Vice President Dick Cheney owns land up by Jackson Hole, and retreats there often. It just so happened that I was at the airport a little after he flew in to spend Memorial day with the moose, and snapped this picture of his jet. One day I want to fly in that jet...

    Anyway, all in all it was a great four days, full of hiking, boating, catching a good movie in the evening, and spending many hours playing Uno with my wife's host family. If you have never been to Yellowstone or Grand Tetons National Park, I encourage you to go. It's beautiful and relaxing, and a great way to spend a three-day weekend.

    No comments: