• People Talk and My Ear Bleeds

Thoughts

    from Twitter

    News

    Saturday, May 07, 2005

    Opera 8

    Woo hoo!

    Sorry for the exuberance. I just installed Opera 8.0 on my computer. For those of you still stuck in the Internet Explorer stone age, Opera is "fire." I have used Safari, Firefox, Mozilla, and Opera--all fare better than IE.

    Now, Opera 8.0 has fixed many of the compatibility issues that almost made me switch to firefox. I love the new tab system because you can delete them from the tag instead of using the alt+w key strokes. Also, the new version of searching makes things easily accessible, even amazon.com searches.

    The only downside, and it is a downside, is that it still is not compatible with blogger.com. I don't quite understand why, because it's fully functional with gmail, and both sites use activex, but it isn't. I tried writing this blog once in Opera, and everything worked fine until I wanted to put in a hyperlink. If I used the short cut, shift+alt+a, then I lost my work. I will have to email them.

    Anyway, for those of you still stuck with IE, I highly recommend you switch, and Opera is my browser of choice. Give it a try.

    No comments: