• People Talk and My Ear Bleeds

Thoughts

    from Twitter

    News

    Monday, January 23, 2006

    Sports thoughts

    Alright, so a couple things I've been thinking about sports-wise.

    Kobe Bryant will never score 100 points. Today's game isn't set up that way. Yes, getting 81 on a bad team is amazing. Downright amazing. Yes, it's one of the best offensive displays ever seen in basketball. But 100 is different. 19 more points are a lot of points. And in a closer game, against a team with a better defense, if Bryant got similar numbers he'd never get 100 without two overtimes. And all this is coming begrudginly from my heart, because I hate to acknowledge anything by Kobe-the-spoiled-ball-hog Bryant.

    Secondly, I am SO happy that Dominic Hrbaty is out of the Australian open. I about puked to see him in that UGLY shirt.

    Here's an unrelated, funny quote I found on a tennis chatroom while looking for pictures of that ugly shirt:


    "When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bike. Then I realized that The Lord doesn't work that way, so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."
    Finally, I think the Steelers are the underdogs in the Superbowl. Nobody gives the Seahawks the respect they deserve. Heck, last year they were one good receiver away from winning in the playoffs. People act like they just appeared. They have been winning for a couple years now. Don't expect them to roll over and play dead. The best team in the NFC all year does not do that.

    I do want Pittsburgh to win. I want to see Bettis get a ring. But it will be the hardest game yet. Seattle is for real. Here's the latest line.

    No comments: