• People Talk and My Ear Bleeds

Thoughts

    from Twitter

    News

    Monday, March 28, 2005

    Hiatus

    All y'all readers have seen my lack of blogging the last week or two. I have the MCAT on April 16th, and for all purposes will stop blogging until then. Wish me luck.

    P.S. I'm sick of the Terri Schiavo case. The law says she dies, let her die. If it's immoral, change the law. I favor introducing a bill that says that if a man or woman has an incapacitated wife or husband (such as Terri) and then enters into another familial relationship with a mistress (and has kids as Michael has) then he has admitted through his actions a lack of desire to continue in a legally binding familial relationship with the infirmed. Purposes of support (child support) would continue, but guardianship would change to an immediate family member who expresses desire to do so. Or everyone could just make a living will.

    P.P.S. I love March Madness, but the referees in this year's NCAA tourney are idiots. I haven't ref'd a game outside of YMCA ball, and I wouldn't have missed that Villanova-UNC call. However, the idiots of the year award goes not to the refs, who do it part time anyway, but to the CBS announcers, who have reminded me why I am glad I didn't eat paint chips when I was a kid. The nadir of their form came in the UNC-Villy game, when they spent the last two minutes of airtime agreeing with the referee who called traveling when Villanova hit that great running jumper in the lane. Lately I've taken to watching the games on mute (and great games they have been).

    P.P.P.S. Boy am I worried about the MCAT. These practice tests tear me up, and trying to juggle studying with writing my senior thesis is kicking my trash. ugh.

    No comments: