• People Talk and My Ear Bleeds

Thoughts

    from Twitter

    News

    Friday, March 11, 2005

    Fine Cuisine

    I think Kate & Leopold is a stupid movie. It was on tv a couple weeks ago, and I turned the channel very quickly. Such a thin plot...yes it's a "chick flick," but give the chicks some credit. I'm sure they, like me, would like to view some creative, original movies every once in a while.

    Anyway, that said, I do like one quote from the movie. Leopold eats dinner with Kate for the first time. It's hamburger helper. He's disgusted, and says:

    LEOPOLD
    Please understand, I am used to a
    different sort of preparation. Where
    I come from a proper meal is the
    result of reflection and study. A
    recipe is merely a theme which an
    intelligent cook can plan each time
    with variation.

    Charlie gives Kate a look.

    LEOPOLD
    Several courses are served. Menus
    are often prepared days in advance,
    timed to perfection. It is said,
    without the culinary art, the
    crudeness of reality would make life
    unbearable.


    Indeed. Without the culinary art, the crudeness of reality would make life unbearable.

    No comments: