• People Talk and My Ear Bleeds

Thoughts

    from Twitter

    News

    Friday, March 03, 2006

    Jon Stewart on Soccer



    Sports Illustrated has an interview with Jon Stewart, host of the Oscars and The Daily Show on Comedy Central. It is hilarious. You should read it. But one quote I like the best deals with soccer (Stewart played soccer in college).
    "In this same space Chris Rock said, "Hockey is like heroin. Only drug addicts do heroin. Hockey is kind of the same way. Only hockey fans watch hockey." Is soccer at all like heroin?"

    "I guess I've never viewed soccer as some sort of controlled substance. To me, it's probably more like Nutella. The rest of the world clearly loves it and puts it on almost everything, but here in America we're like, "I don't know, man, it tastes like almonds."
    Also check out his opinion on Barry Bonds. I couldn't agree more.

    No comments: