• People Talk and My Ear Bleeds

Thoughts

    from Twitter

    News

    Monday, October 24, 2005

    Pictoral Voyage through St. Louis

    I was in St. Louis on Monday and Tuesday for medical school interviews. Before the interview, I saw the great arch of St. Louis, the gateway to the west.

    100_1274

    This is looking directly up from the middle of the arch's base. The little holes in the arch are windows looking out.

    100_1276

    This is a perspective that gives the height of the arch. It is 630 feet tall. For inference, the statue of liberty is only about 300 feet tall and Mount Rushmore is only 425 feet high.

    100_1278

    I had to add this in because I agree 100% with the sticker on the back window.

    Finally, I had to say "Hook'em Horns!!"

    100_1301

    No comments: