• People Talk and My Ear Bleeds

Thoughts

    from Twitter

    News

    Tuesday, August 30, 2005

    Hurricane Katrina

    I was deeply touched by the story of Harvey Jackson at CNN.com. Please, everyone watch the 1 minute video. Go to CNN and click on the "browse/search" video link. Type in "heartache." The video to watch is "Heartache for hurricane victim" (1:07).

    Hurricane Katrina is shaping up to be one of the worst hurricanes in recent history (by recent I mean the last 100 years). I don't know what to say. In fact, I'm not going to say much at all, except that for me (whether it be my southern roots or something else...) hearing about Katrina brings up feelings of the tsunami that hit asia last year...all I can think about is hoping people make it through the destruction ok.

    Since i don't want to defame a sombering time, here's some blogs about the hurricane:

    Nola.com is all about New Orleans, written by a Times-Picayune writer, and has all the necessary info about the storm, how to help, how to survive the aftermath, and what it was like to live through it.

    here's an interesting post at Deadlykatrina.com. Very sad, very sad. Good updated blog.

    interesting live journal from Katrinacane. Give it a try.

    Really, someone already beat me to the punch. If you're interested in what bloggers are saying from Katrina's wake...go to this post on artsjournal.com.

    I pray for peace and safety and health on all those who suffered through this and for all those who may have lost a loved one in this disaster.

    No comments: