• People Talk and My Ear Bleeds

Thoughts

    from Twitter

    News

    Monday, April 16, 2007

    The Heart Beats

    Today, amid all the sadness we've heard, I think I'll blog about a little bit of happiness.

    Today my wife and I saw the OB/GYN and heard the future blogger's heart beating for the first time. The nurse stuck the gel on my wife's belly button, and moved around her "magic wand," and wow! Thump thump, thump thump, thump thump.

    The heart was beating steadily and healthily at 165 beats per minute. FYI, that is normal. Adult hearts beat about 70 bpm, but fetal hearts and newborn hearts beat much faster.

    Some of my favorite quotes of the appointment:

    Me: Did you just go to the bathroom?
    Wife: Yes.
    Me: Why?
    Wife: I had to pee.
    Me: Why do you go to the bathroom every time you come?
    Wife: I dunno. They tell me to pee and I pee.

    *****

    Wife: There's life growing inside me!

    1 comment: