• People Talk and My Ear Bleeds

Thoughts

    from Twitter

    News

    Tuesday, April 26, 2005

    The Image of Uncle Ho

    Spurred by recent posts at Vietpundit and Done With Mirrors, I wil spend the next couple days publishing installments explaining the results of my senior thesis: The Image of Ho Chi Minh in the New York Times, 1945 to 1975.

    I found some really interesting data that sheds light on the confusing reasons why America eventually sided with France and got involved in Southeast Asia. I would point readers to both of the blogs mentioned above because they give background to what I will say, and because both are superb blogs to read.

    With the thirty year anniversary of the fall of Saigon/Independence day (depending on the side you were on) this weekend, I think it only fitting to do this. May we all remember the horrors of that war and strive not to repeat them.

    No comments: