• People Talk and My Ear Bleeds

Thoughts

    from Twitter

    News

    Sunday, December 09, 2007

    Medical Word of the Day (MWD)

    While studying for Physical Diagnosis, I came across a word that peaked my interest, and since I'm living a pseudo-bachelor life right now, I had nobody to share it with.

    Therefore, I have decided to share it with everyone, in my new (hopefully the first of many) post, Medical Word of the Day (MWD). MWD is not WMD (weapon of mass destruction), although sometimes it has the same effect on my life.

    So, for all of you who want to be a doctor, answer me this (hint, I was studying the neurological exam, and focusing on cerebellar problems):

    Medical Word of the Day: Dysdiadochokinesis

    Dysfunction in performing rapid alternating movements. Movements are irregular in both range and rate.


    [+/-] Click here to read/hide the definition.

    No comments: