• People Talk and My Ear Bleeds

Thoughts

    from Twitter

    News

    Sunday, May 07, 2006

    Oh, the humanity!

    Although this is my first post in 7 days, I have not been away from my blog. It's just, most of my work is on the back end--coding and coding to try and define the right look for The Bleeding Ear.

    Frankly, I'm tired of the space I'm in--gray and funny red...I want something different. Obviously, I'm NOT an expert programmer, so I am limited in my differences, but I want to make the site more accessible to people, more open (can you do that on the internet?)...more...I dunno--just more!
    "all other hats I own are tacked to the wall of my brother's childhood bedroom"


    So, I keep tinkering around (daily, and much to my wife's chagrin) with TBE v2.0. You can catch it here. Actually, I have about 5 different versions, only one of which you see at that link--its the one where I test blogger template tags. Other versions testing design layouts are on my comp...sorry. The magazine quotes in this post are one of the fruits of such versions. Do you like? But, the main template is here. That's www.yourmind.org, the webpage design business of a friend of mine, Ken. He's from Canada. And he's Indian. And he's got a Portuguese last name. So we're gonna call him "Canakenindiguese." Anyway, Canakenindiguese has great stuff, so if you're looking for a designer, check him out.

    Also, it has been a sad week. On Wednesday, my beloved hat was stolen. If you know me, you know that I wear this hat everywhere. In fact, it was the only hat I wore--all other hats I own are tacked to the wall of my brother's childhood bedroom in Houston, Texas. Here's a good picture:


    (copyrighted by Hatland, but the only pic I could find. So, PLEASE go buy your hats at Hatland).

    It was a zephyr hat. Size 7 1/4. Just in case you see it. It was stolen from my English School (VATC) in Go Vap district, Ho Chi Minh City (Quang Trung St.) after I left it in the room of my first class on accident.

    Needless to say, I have a sour taste in my mouth everytime I teach there now. No, it wasn't an expensive hat--$20--but it was MY hat, I've had it everywhere I went, I feel violated that someone would steal it. I wasn't even gone more than two hours. It's just wrong.

    So, I hope everyone had a happy 30 April and 1st May, if you're in Vietnam or Cinco de Mayo, if you're in northern Mexico (the USA).

    [+/-] read/hide the rest of this post


    No comments: